Director of Risk Management and Patient Safety Officer
St. Luke's Des Peres Hospital
Debbie is the Dir of Risk Management/Patient Safety Officer at Des Peres Hospital located in the Greater St. Louis area. She has been working for this institution for the last 10 years. Debbie has reached great achievements during this time and here is a list of the most relevant.
- Span of responsibility: management of multiple sites
- Conducted critical analysis to streamlined operations Pharmacy to reduce turnaround times, improved employee satisfaction, improve outcomes, and improved budget and cost variance reporting.
- Developed and facilitated 12-month curriculum for Residency in a Graduate Medical Education Program.
- Evaluate and assess work flows of clinical and non-clinical departments and service lines. Facilitate Complex Clinical Case Review/Management
- Facilitated education of topics to include but not limited to: EMTALA, Performance/Quality Improvement, Six Sigma, Risk/Claims Management, Informed Consent, Health Literacy, Root Cause Analysis, Failure Mode and Effects Analysis, Cause-Effect Analysis, Regulatory Readiness; Control Charts, Process Maps.
- Facilitated strategic plans and initiatives related to regulatory and accreditation compliance for agencies to include but not limited to: Department of Health and Senior Services, Center for Medicare/Medicaid Services, The Joint Commission, Comprehensive Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities, Healthcare Facilities Accreditation Programs, and Federal Drug Administration.
- Planned strategic direction and achievement of key performance improvement and organizational balance scorecard indicators.
Debbie discloses that she has no actual or potential conflict of interest in relation to this program or presentation. She also discloses that she has no relevant financial relationships with any commercial interests relative to the content of this presentation.